He taonga te tamaiti - Every child a taonga: Draft strategic plan for early learning 2019-29 sets out five interdependent objectives and 25 actions intended to work together to raise quality, improve equity and enable choice of service type.
This summary of the action plan includes the objectives and actions that go with them.
Key proposals for change include:
- moving towards a fully qualified teacher workforce in teacher-led centres through incentives and regulation improving adult: child ratios ratios for babies and toddlers
- improving the consistency and levels of teacher salaries and conditions
- the development of a network management function for Government.
He taonga te tamaiti – Every child a taonga: Early learning action plan 2019-2029 [PDF, 3MB]
New Zealand’s early learning system enables every child to enjoy a good life, learn and thrive in high quality settings that support their identity, language and culture and are valued by parents and whānau.
Ko tā ngā whakaakoranga kōhungahunga he whakarite kia tipu ora ai ia tamaiti i ngā wāhi pai rawa e hāpai ana i tōna whakapapa, tōna reo me ngā tikanga, ā, he mea whaihua hoki aua wāhi ki ngā mātua me ngā whānau.
Summary of He taonga te tamaiti – Every child a taonga: Early learning action plan in NZSL
You can download a summary of the plan, in the following languages:
- English [PDF, 746KB]
- Te Reo Māori [PDF, 735KB]
- Easy Read [PDF, 3.7MB]
- Chinese |简体中文 [PDF, 1.1MB]
- Korean | 한국어 [PDF, 758KB]
- Hindi | हिन्दी [PDF, 1.2MB]
- Samoan | Gagana Samoa [PDF, 648KB]
- Tongan | Lea Faka-Tonga [PDF, 896KB]
- Cook Islands | Maori Kuki Airani [PDF, 939KB]
- Niuean | Vagahau Niue [PDF, 640KB]
- Tokelauan | Gagana Tokelau [PDF, 700KB]